Me and my kid are on a plane to Nice. “Mom, relax. You are always tense on the road”, sound advice from the youngest and wisest family member.
We take off. Up in the air. I read. Talk to my kid. 20 minutes later: “…. Marrakesh ….. we…..if you wish….Marrakesh!” I hear the flight attendant’s voice.
My brain is collecting the pieces: “The plane is certainly bigger then the regular internal flights. And the flight attendants are of North African origin…. And they play specific music. …. Did we take the wrong passage, walking to the plane? These small airport! Oh, No! … And I was laughing last year about a consultant who instead of a flight to Florence boarded on one to Minsk”.
Face palm. Repeat. Done with relaxing on the road.
– Sweetheart, I think we are on the wrong plane.
– It’s ok, mami. It’s ok, the kid is trying to reassure me. Her beautiful brave face.
My brain: “I have money to buy a ticket back. Are our passports ok? Do we need a visa for? ….”
I take my ticket and move to catch the flight attendant.
– I think I am in the wrong plane.
– How come?
I show them my ticket.
– It is the flight to Nice!, the flight attendant says cheerfully.
– Why did you say “Marrakech?!
– I am from Marrakesh! he smiles.
– Who cares? 10000 meters above the earth?!
I am almost replacing my words with long beep sounds. I was far from my kid, in case you wonder.
– You do not want to go to Marrakesh? he keeps on smiling.
– No! Not today. I go to Monaco today. And I do not plan to look at Monaco from the other side of the Mediterranean.
Back to my seat. “We are fine. We will land in Nice, sweetie!:)” I say fully relieved.
“Mom, I also heard “Madrid” 🙂
“Sweetie, the other flight attendant introduced herself. She is from Madrid. The guy is from Marrakesh. They add a personal touch”.
After 5 minutes we all hear the pilot: ” We will land in N I C E in 20 minutes. The weather in N I C E is …”.
We land happily in Nice.
“Welcome to Marrakesh!” I hear the flight attendant behind me. I turn with a smile. My middle finger has a slight temptation. The lady in me wins 🙂
Dear, whoever who had the idea of saying other cities names when the plane is 10000 meters up in the air, please do not. Let’s keep it standard on this one.